“Your task is not to seek love but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it”Rumi
How is couple work different?
When couples ask for therapy, they usually want to understand themselves and their partner better. In addition, a very important part of this kind of therapy will be for the couple, with the help of the therapist, to look in detail at the interaction between them so that it can be understood and changed in a positive way.
Couples therapy is about:
- Having a safe space for exploring your problems;
- The opportunity to work on yourself;
- Understanding your partner’s difficulties in a non-judgemental way;
- Each person having a chance to be heard;
- Each person having the right to disagree or share disappointment in a respectful manner;
- Trying to understand self and other;
- Informing each other;
- Correcting misunderstandings;
- Contracting (or re-contracting) to live together in a way that allows and respects each individual.
If you would like to book a session please fill in the form below!